We are pleased to provide member schools the HeadStrong Concussion Insurance Program. Developed to insure student-athletes/participants from the high cost of concussion treatment and neurological follow up.
The coverage period is August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024. All students are eligible for coverage in grades 7-12, participating in activities, practice or play of sports, at the Varsity, Junior Varsity, B-Squad and Sophomore level.
Program highlights include:
- Premium is 100% paid by the MSHSL. There is no cost to member schools or student participants
- $0 deductible and no co-pays
- $25,000 Accident Medical Concussion Coverage (includes neurological follow-up)
- Coverage is secondary/excess to any other valid and collectible insurance
- Coverage will become the primary payor, if no other insurance is available
- 1-year benefit period from the injury date
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment $5,000
- No restrictions on specific doctors
- No referral needed for treatment
Below is a “SAMPLE” Word document schools can use to introduce the program to parents/guardians.
Tournament Play Insurance
We provide tournament play insurance that begins at the first game of the Sub-section tournament and continues throughout Section and State tournament contests in each League-sponsored program.
- Plan of Benefits: Accident Medical Expense Benefits - $50,000
- Including Expanded Medical
- Scope of Coverage: Full Excess
- Deductible: $100.00
- Accidental Death Benefit: $10,000
- Accidental Dismemberment Benefit up to: $10,000