Minnesota State High School League
Student Advisory and Leadership Team
Purposes of the MSHSL Student Advisory and Leadership Team:
- Provide student input to League staff and the MSHSL Board of Directors
- Communicate needs and challenges facing today’s student participants
- Identify best practices for coaches and advisors
- Develop leadership skills in Team members
- Inspire thoughtful, student-led action that supports the purpose and desired outcomes of the Student Advisory and Leadership Team
Team Member Expectations:
- Required attendance at four (4) in-person seasonal meetings. Tentatively planned for January, April, June, and September
- Assume and expand leadership roles and responsibilities in their school and community
- Assist with State Tournaments, promotional and educational materials, and leadership training opportunities as desired and/or directed
Team Member Responsibilities: (to be further developed with Team member input)
- September: Educate member schools about the Team and make applications available to member schools
- October 21: Applications Due
- Dec. 2: Conclude interviews and select Team members
- January TBD: Hold an inaugural meeting
- Spring 2023 – Regular meeting schedule begins
MSHSL Staff Liaisons:
- Lisa Quednow
- Charlie Campbell
Interested students should complete the application linked below.
- In the application, you will be asked for information about yourself and your involvement in activities and athletics.
- You will need your principal and activities directors' names and emails. These people will get an email requesting a reference for the applicant.
- You will be asked to submit a video or written response to the following prompts.
- Why are you interested in becoming a member of the MSHSL Student Advisory and Leadership Team?
- If selected to serve on the MSHSL Student Advisory and Leadership Team, what aspects of education-based activities you would you be motivated to improve? Why?
- What would you like to accomplish at your high school before you graduate?