Please click here to review Form B2 Instructions prior to completing the Grant Application for Form B2.
Form B2 Grant Request Purpose: To assist member schools, school districts and related conferences or regions with costs in three specific areas including leadership initiatives, safety and transportation that reduces barriers to participation.
Mission Statement: Founded in 2007, the Minnesota State High School League Foundation is a nonprofit association, serving both public and private schools, created to complement the Minnesota State High School League by providing support for Minnesota’s high school youth to participate in athletics and fine arts. Minnesota State High School League Foundation’s goals are to promote the growth of high school students through participation in valuable extra-curricular activities.
Awarding of Grants: The primary goal of the Foundation will be to award grants that assist, recognize, promote, and fund extra-curricular participation by high school students in athletic and fine arts programs. These grants will be awarded based upon gender balance, school size, and geographic location to the extent possible.
The application must be submitted to the MSHSL Foundation no later than February 15, 2023. All required information must be included in order for the Application to be submitted and considered.
All required fields are indicated with an *
Please identify the specific amount requested in the following format $0,000.00 (Maximum $5,000.00)
Describe your grant request, the amount requested and the timetable for completing the project.
2. Describe how the funds requested for the identified project furthers the stated mission and primary goal(s) of the MSHSL Foundation and the mission and goals of your school district as identified by your school board.
3. Are there any other similar programs that serve the same geographic area and groups of people identified in question 1 above? If the answer is, “Yes”, please explain the relationship between the two programs. If the answer is, “No”, please skip question 4 and proceed to upload your documents.
4. List other actual or proposed sources for funding of the project, including the amounts of the other requests and commitments from other entities. Indicate those sources from which commitments have been received with an asterisk.
If you are a School or School District, please upload one PDF file including the following required items:
1. MSHSL Foundation Board of Director’s Resolution, click here for sample Resolution, requesting funds from the Foundation as identified in your grant request OR a copy of the official minutes from the school board meeting when the grant request was approved (required).
2. Line Item Budget, click here for sample line item budget (required).
3. Other documents you may determine to be important for the MSHSL Foundation Board of Directors to review (optional).
If you are a MSHSL Region Committee or MSHSL Athletic/Activity Conference, please upload one PDF file including the following required items:
A copy of the IRS determination letter regarding exempt status or other evidence of exempt status (required).
A copy of the most recent Form 990 or Form 990T, if applicable, with all schedules submitted to the IRS and/or an explanation of the organization’s fund balance, including restricted and non-restricted funds (required).
A list of the names of the Board of Directors or other governing body (required).
Overall organization budget, including a specific project budget indicating items for which MSHSL Foundation support is requested. You may attach a brief narrative explanation of the budget if necessary (required).
Other documents you may determine to be important for the MSHSL Foundation Board of Directors to review (optional).