Connect, January 2023
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 9:00 AM
January 2023 | Issue 32
A compilation of news from The Minnesota State High School League this month.
Officials Spotlight: Q&A with Dana Pappas of the NFHS
In a wide-ranging interview, Pappas was candid in the challenges, but also optimistic about what can be done to promote officiating.
Pam Cady Wycoff
Pam Cady Wycoff, a former educator, Fine Arts Coach and Advisor at Apple Valley High School an accomplished
Speech and Debate coach has left an imprint on Speech and Debate programs across the state and nation.
Minnesota Students Come Together to Make a Difference
Student leaders from throughout the Minnesota State High School League’s member schools convened in a statewide conference on Friday, Jan., 13 to lend strong voices to the continuing efforts to ensure a safe environment for all students in which to learn and participate in all activities.
Staff Reflection: Jason Nickleby
Director of Officiating Services Jacon Nickleby shares a reflection on Brett Carlson, the former Community Education Director at North Branch Area Schools who recently died of cancer. Carlson's enthusiasm and positivity were unmatched.
This month in John's Journal:
- John’s Journal: A Familiar Name Is Back On The Bench In Chisholm
- John’s Journal: Morris Area’s Manska Named Heart Of The Arts Winner
- John's Journal: Officials Shortage Means ‘We’re Hanging By A Thread’
- John’s Journal: Mountain Lake’s Klassen Named Spirit Of Sport Award Winner
- John’s Journal: National Honor For Becker’s Lundeen
- John’s Journal: Saving Lives Takes Planning, Practice
- John's Journal: The Story of the 1971 State Wrestling Tournament