2023 Adapted Softball: Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville, Dakota United defend 2022 titles
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2023 - 7:09 PM
The state’s best adapted softball teams are set to take over Chanhassen High School for the Minnesota State High School League’s state tournament on June 2-3. Both a CI and PI team champion will be crowned on Saturday afternoon.
Both teams that won in 2022 are looking to defend their titles: Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville in CI and Dakota United in PI.
Here is a snapshot of the adapted soccer tournament that will be played this weekend:
- Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville (5-3), the No. 2 seed in the South Division, is looking for its third consecutive crown and fourth overall. The Blazing Cats earned their first championship in 2013.
- Dakota United (8-0) is the top seed in the South Division; St. Cloud Area (8-0) earned the No. 1 in the North Division.
- Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville defeated New Prague 15-7 in its regular-season finale. Those two teams met in the 2022 championship game with the Blazing Cats winning 11-1.
- Dakota United (10-0) returns with hopes of claiming its third consecutive PI title. If the Hawks win, it would be their sixth championship overall.
- The Dakota United Hawks are the No. 1 in the South Division this year; Robbinsdale/Hopkins/Mound Westonka (6-1) is the top seed in the North Division.
- Dakota United and Anoka-Hennepin met in the 2022 title game with the Hawks winning 19-6. The Hawks defeated the Mustangs twice during the 2023 regular season; they won 17-3 on April 26 and 16-2 on May 22.