Adapted Soccer State Tournament, 2022: Advance News Release
The Adapted Soccer State Tournament takes place Nov. 18-19 at Stillwater Area High School
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 3:03 PM
The state’s best adapted soccer teams are set to take over Stillwater Area High School for the Minnesota State High School League’s state tournament on Nov. 18-19. Both a CI and PI team champion will be crowned on Saturday afternoon.
Both teams that won in 2021 are looking to defend their titles: Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville in CI and Robbinsdale/Hopkins/Mound Westonka in 91
Here is a snapshot of the adapted soccer tournament that will be played this weekend:
- Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville (7-0-0) is looking for its second consecutive crown and third overall. The Blazing Cats earned their first championship 2013.
- Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville is the top seed in the South Division; Park Center (9-0-0) earned the top seed in the North Division.
- The Blazing Cats closest game came on Oct. 26 when they defeated Dakota United, whom they met in the 2021 title game, 5-2. Dakota United (7-1-0) is the No. 2 seed in the South Division this year.
- Robbinsdale/Hopkins/Mound Westonka (7-0-0) returns with hopes of claiming its second consecutive PI title. If the Robins win, it would be their 10th championship overall.
- Robbinsdale/Hopkins/Mound Westonka reeled off seven consecutive championships from 2008-2014.
- The Robins are the No. 1 in the North Division this year; Dakota United (5-0-1) in the top seed in the South Division.
- Robbinsdale/Hopkins/Mound Westonka and Dakota United met in the 2021 title game with the Robins winning 7-5.