Boys and Girls Track and Field State Meet set for three-day run
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 - 8:34 PM
For Immediate Release:
Track and Field State Meets set for this week at St. Michael-Albertville
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn. --- Hundreds of teams and participants will gather for three days this week to compete in the 2021 Minnesota State High School League Boys and Girls State Track and Field meet at St. Michael-Albertville High School. The three-day meet begins with the 3,200-meter races in both classes and divisions on Thursday, June 17. The meet continues with Class A on Friday, June 18 and Class AA on Saturday, June 19.
This is the first state meet held after a one-season hiatus when no events were held last spring during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Here is a look at the state meet:
Thursday, June 17
· 7 p.m. --- 3,200-meter races for all divisions. Order will be: Class A boys; Class A girls; Class AA boys; Class AA girls.
Note --- Awards for the 3,200-meter races will be presented on Friday, June 18 and Saturday, June 19 following the awards for the 1,600-meter races.
Friday, June 18 (All events are timed finals)
· 10 a.m. --- Class A boys
· 3:30 p.m. --- Class A girls
Saturday, June 19 (All events are timed finals)
· 10 a.m. --- Class AA boys
· 3:30 p.m. --- Class AA girls
The detailed schedule for each day can be found here:
· All tickets must be purchased online. There are no cash sales at the gate. For more information: www.mshsl.org/tickets
· School Space Media, the League’s streaming partner, will stream every game of the tournament. For streaming information, see www.prepspotlight.tv
· A photo ID is required for admittance and receipt of a media credential.
· Media seating available in bleachers on north side of field.
· No infield access for media
· Photographers may shoot from designated positions beyond the finish line for running events.
· Shooting positions for the jumping pits are beyond the chain-link fence.
· Shooting positions for the shot put and discus are in the north side bleachers.
· No in-person, on-site interviews are permitted.
· No press box access
· School Space Media will provide a complimentary stream of the meet to approved media.
· Live scoring at MSHSL State Track & Field Championships | Wayzata Results, Inc.
2021 True Team State Champions
· Boys --- Pine Island
· Girls --- Grand Meadow/LeRoy-Ostrander/Kingsland
· Boys --- Willmar
· Girls --- Rocori
· Boys --- Rosemount
· Girls --- Rosemount
2019 MSHSL Champions
· Boys --- Jordan
· Girls --- Blake
· Boys --- Hopkins
· Girls --- Rosemount
· Geno Uhrbom, a senior from Greenway/Nashwauk-Keewatin, returns for an opportunity to win the Class A 3,200-meter run. He captured the title in 2019. He also was the Class A champion in the 1,600 in 2019.
· St. Michael-Albertville junior Alexandra Weimer has the fastest qualifying time in the Class AA 3,200-meter run. The race also features Stillwater’s Analee Weaver who set a state record during the cross country season in the fall.
· Providence Academy senior Jayson Ekiyor, the Class A 110-meter hurdles champion in 2019, has the fastest qualifying time this week.
· Plainview-Elgin-Millville senior Kyler Bade was the 400-meter champion in 2019 and returns looking for another title.
· Pine Island junior Jarod White has a qualifying height of 16 feet in the Class A pole vault, more than two feet higher than the nearest competitor.
· Blake junior Anisa Thompson, the Class A girls champion in the 200 in 2019, returns and is the second-fastest qualifier behind Concordia Academy junior Shaina Zinter.
· Maple Lake senior Maggie Larson, the Class A triple jump champion in 2019, has the longest qualifying leap at 38 feet, ¾-inch.
· St. Paul Highland Park junior Molly Moening, the Nordic Skiing state champion this past season, is one of the qualifiers in the Class AA 1,600-meter race.
· Prior Lake senior Samantha Barrett, the Class AA champion in the Class AA triple jump in 2019, has the top qualifying leap in the field this season.